Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wouldn't it be awful...


... to be the person in the picture they put next to the obesity articles?
I highly doubt this lady said, "Oh suuure! You can photograph my rear end and attach it to an article about how I shouldn't be served food at any restaurants. I'd love to be the poster girl!"
I can't imagine the horror I'd feel if I saw my own picture attached to an article about fat people for millions to gawk at. I always feel bad when I see these pictures and just know that they probably had no idea that someone was taking them, or even worse, that they did see some stranger rudely taking their picture. And I hope that they never see the articles online. That would be really hard to take.

4 comments:

Holly and Brad said...

Amen sister!

Janssen said...

I feel the same way about people cast in movies to be the homely sister or the fat drunken dad. Alas.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about my picture being used in the "What hunks think about ugly people" articles. But what are you gonna do, right?! Don't worry honey, I think that we unfortunate type casts will have our revenge some day. :)

Randi said...

I know whatcha mean.
On the other hand, I like standing by them because I feel positively thin!