Monday, November 5, 2007

Blessed

I Love to run. I love to feel my heart pumping, the stride of my legs, the rhythm of my feet hitting the ground. It makes me feel Strong and Powerful and ALIVE. And frequently, it leads me into prayer. Not standard prayer, where you set out to say it and there's an opening and middle and end of conversation, but a deep stirring song from my heart sent straight up to heaven. The gratitude I feel for my blessings at these times is so strong and true, and it humbles me to recognize all the Lord has done for me. I am so thankful to the Lord for giving me a strong body. I'm thankful for the breeze in my face, the sun shining down on me, the air I breathe. I'm thankful that he leads and lifts me up in life. I'm thankful for the potential I feel inside of me. I'm thankful for being able to recognize my blessings. There's so much more in my heart that I can't fully express through writing, but I just wanted to say "Thank you Lord. Thank you."

1 comment:

Bart said...

Some of my best prayers have been while running, too: "please help me make it home . . ."

Really, though. Running can really clear my head and bring everything back to the basics. That's mainly when I run outside, though. The gym is less conducive to prayer or meditation.

I need to run outside more often.