We're traveling for Christmas this year so I have been in a frenzy trying to get all the things on my list checked off so we can be ready to go on the 17th.
- shopping for gifts, check
- buy a gift for the gift-exchange at a party I'm attending, check
- put up decorations, check
- assembled the tree (actually I delegated that to my husband), check (fake tree, save the Earth people!!)
- addressed all the Christmas card envelopes, check
- write the year-end-what's-been-happening-in-our-family-I-don't-have-the-time-to-tell-you-all-individually letter, check
Regarding #6, I know that much fun is made of these types of mass mailings at Christmas-time, but I actually really enjoy getting the letters and hearing about what's happening in others' lives. Makes me feel like I kind-of still know these people who I only speak to once a year via Christmas card. And I hope that by reading our letters they'll feel like they kind-of still know us too. I'm sentimental like that.